The aim of the program is:
- To build bridges between people and cultures and to create a greater understanding of different expressions within the world wide church.
- To offer young people an opportunity to meet other cultures and religions so that they gain a greater understanding of, and competence to live in, a multi-cultural society.
- To provide the local sending church with experience and knowledge.
- To build increased knowledge of, and commitment for, missions, global issues and international development cooperation, and to offer training for future work within these areas.
- To contribute to personal development and maturity.